Monday, May 9, 2022

A Little Goes a Long Way

 Dear Local Business Representative,


I have reached out to you numerous times. I may be interested in working with you / I may work for a nonprofit / I may be starting a new company / or any other number of reasons. I have emailed, called, I have stopped in and left my number or card. I have even sent a letter. I chose your company because there is something about it that rings true to my own core values / your mission seems in line with my own sense of purpose / you are well-loved by the community in which we live. I know you are busy, and even though you may not have any full idea of why I have been trying to communicate with you, 

I have never received a reply or an answer to my request to possibly meet to discuss my reasons for maintaining a devoted interest. Maybe I’d like to partner on an event. Perhaps I am looking for a donation. I may even have a great idea that I think would be of great benefit to both of our goals. Still, at some point, it must go from being very busy to actively ignoring my outreach.

I’d like you to remember what it was like when you were looking for a job / were starting your company / needed assistance from someone a few steps ahead of you / were just looking for motivation and inspiration to continue to grow and improve. I wonder who answered your request to speak / connect / collaborate. They found the time. They knew the value of professional courtesy. Maybe they even felt compelled to “pay back” because of the success they have been able to enjoy, to honor the faith and the loyalty they enjoyed from those they serve.

I don’t know why you have opted to completely ignore the phone calls, the emails, the in-person visits, or the letters. I just want you to know it matters. It matters a great deal. And maybe, just maybe, you are the one missing out on something.

Still, I wish you continued success. And someday, you may actually want something that I can offer. I promise to try my best to keep my integrity and uphold the values that others may not have shown, but that support a more productive, and mutually respectful business and prosperous community.

Thanks for the lesson. 
#business  #work #community #success #courtesy #professional



No comments:

Post a Comment